Saturday, July 5, 2008

WORK!!!

So... gotta tell you... I started taking my first real calls from real customers on Monday - June 30. Y'all... That day was somethin else. This dumb b**** (and I don't mean that in a hateful way... She was just a b****. Just as much a b**** as a cow is a cow.)... but anyway, this dumb b**** called talkin bout "My box is fried, we just had a storm and my box is fried and I need someone to do something about it now!" So... first of all... We do not control the weather, but I didn't tell her that. I was like "Your box ma'am? Are you talkin about your modem? "She's like I need someone who can get this up and runnin in like... 15 minutes!" I ask her can she describe the box to me and again ask if she's referring to her modem again. Then she's like "Look! I don't know if you're new to this, it sounds like you are!... But I need to speak to someone who can help me!" So I transferred her to my supervisor and that was that. I laughed a little and made myself available for the next call... unintentionally. The reason I say unintentionally is because we can put ourselves into wrap mode, which is the time we are allotted to complete notes and submit a trouble ticket. Now when a call ends, you automatically go into wrap. That automatic wrap period is 8 seconds. Well I kept forgetting to put myself into wrap manually and kept gettin this 8-second wrap period. So this resulted in no submission of notes or trouble tickets for that day. I got hung up on twice, and one of those calls I was dismissed from went on for at least an hour. I don't know if I made a wrong turn in my steps for troubleshooting, but I kinda knew the problem from the start. Unfortunately the path I took did not lead me in the direction I had a hunch about. By the end of the call I ended up telling the customer they'd need to contact their firewall provider and unfortunately I can't do anything about their issue. So we had wasted at least an hour on the phone. Sucked for him. LMAO But yeah... those were the highlights of the first day. Stay tuned for more!

No comments: